If you are a Laos passport holder and plan to stay in Vietnam within 30 days, you do not need a Vietnam Visa.
Yet, for those who are not citizen of Laos and not in the Vietnam visa exemption list, or those Laos citizens who wish to stay in Vietnam for more than 30 days, a valid Vietnam visa is required.
From this country, you can get a visa to Vietnam by two 2 options:
1. Get Vietnam Visa on Arrival at lower cost (get visa stamped at Vietnam International Airports on arrival)
Visa on arrival is beneficial for those who live far away from the Vietnamese embassies and do not wish to send their passports away by postal mail.
- Issuing unit: Vietnam Immigration Department
- Processing time: 1 to 2 working days
- No Passport sendoff required
- How it works? You go online at http://www.vietnam-visa.com, fill in the secure form, and just wait 2 working days (normal service) or within 1 working day (urgent service) to get your Visa Approval Letter via email, and take this letter + your passport + 2 photos + some dollars as stamping fee to get your visa at airport. Further information, please visit application process.
2. Get Vietnam Entry Visa at Vietnam Embassies:
You apply for Visa to Vietnam in person at the Vietnam Embassy in Lao
- Issuing unit: Vietnam Embassy
- Processing time: 4 to 5 working days
- Your original passport required
Embassy of Vietnam in Pakse, Lao
Address: No. 31, Banphabáº¡t, PaksÃ©, Champassak, LAOS
Phone: (856) 21 2824/2
Fax: (856) 212058
Note: Consul General: 21 4199 -Home: 25 2947 Consular service: 21 4140
Consulate General of Vietnam in Savanakhet, Lao
Address: No.118, Sisavangvong, Kayson Phomvihan district, Savannakhet province
Phone: (856) 41 212418
Fax: (856) 4121 2182
- Before applying for Vietnam visa, make sure your passport has minimum 6 month validity and left pages.
- For visa on arrival option, it is applicable for those traveling by air to Vietnam.
For any further information, please kindly contact us. We are willing and pleased to assist you at our best!