Answer your questions

Promptly and conscientiously

Vietnam visa for visa exempted nationality

Hello there, I am a Swedish passport holder and i entered Vietnam on the 25th of Feb. As you know i can stay here for 15 days without having a visa but i wanto to stay longer than 15 days, can i apply for a visa while I’m in Vietnam through the consulate or do i have to exit the country and return again?

Please advise.


Hi Shahin,

Thank you for contacting us.

For your case, you may have two options:

1. Leaving Vietnam before your visa exemption duration expires and get a new visa to Vietnam since if you wish to come back to Vietnam earlier than 30 days from your previous exit, you cannot come back with Vietnam visa exemption, but a Vietnam visa is required. This is the new law of Vietnamese government which took effect from January 1, 2015.

2. Extending your Vietnam visa exemption. In this case, please send scan of your passport and visa page to our support email: Our staff will check your case and notify you of the extension fee. Since the extension may take a few day, we recommend you to send the scan right now to get visa extended as soon as possible.

Thank you so much & have a nice day,

Mar 04, 2015 | Categories: VISA ON ARRIVAL

Still got question(s)?