A Vietnam visa is not required for Belarus passport holders to Vietnam if:
- Their stay in Vietnam is less than 15 days;
- Their passport is valid for at least 06 months from the date of entering Vietnam; and
- Their entry date does not fall within 30 days from exit date of their previous entry with visa exemption.
Otherwise, a visa will be needed. And in this case, as a holder of Belarus passport, you now have two ways to obtain a visa for Vietnam: either obtain it at Vietnamese embassy (in either Belarus or a third country), or apply online for a visa on arrival.
Below is the instruction for how to get the Vietnam Visa for Belarus citizens?
Visa on arrival is said very convenient as it allows you to apply online for visa approval letter and then to pick up full visa at Vietnam international airport. Its whole process is as follows:
- Complete the online form for visa approval letter;
- Pay for service fee;
- Receive approval letter via email together with Vietnamese visa application form (formerly entry and exit form and print them out.
- Show the visa approval letter at departure airport to get on board, and get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport by showing original passport, visa approval letter, completed Vietnamese visa application form, 2 passport-sized photos and stamping fee.
The process to get visa approval letter normally takes 2 working days (for tourists).
Note: Visa on arrival works for air travel only. And it is available in 4 international airports in Vietnam, including Noi Bai airport (Hanoi city), Tan Son Nhat airport (Ho Chi Minh City city), Cam Ranh airport (Nha Trang city) and Da Nang airport (Da Nang city).
Visa at the embassy of Vietnam
If you wish to obtain the visa in this way, you can contact the Vietnam Embassy in Belarus or at any embassy or consulate of Vietnam close to your place. You need to prepare the following documents to submit to the embassy:
- Original Passport (with at least 06 month validity from date of entering Vietnam)
- One completed application form for a Vietnam visa (Contact the embassy or consulate for this form)
- One passport sized photo of 4×6 cm (attached to the application)
- Visa fees (Cash, Money order or Bank cheque) payable to “The Embassy of Vietnam”
- Prepaid return envelope, if you plan to receive your visa by mail
* Sometimes, Flight return ticket and Hotel booking reservation or tour itinerary are required. Please check these information with the embassy or consulate of Vietnam where you want to apply the Visa.