Vietnam has been becoming more and more popular among foreign travelers thanks to its favorable weather and wonderful Vietnam’s landscapes. As such, the number of tourists visiting Vietnam recently has increased by a significant number. And Vietnam visa becomes an important document to be prepared to visit and stay in the countries except for those under Vietnam visa exemption. So, where to get Vietnam visa for different cases? You can find this kind of information here.
1. You are still abroad and have not entered in Vietnam yet
In this case, you may have two options for Vietnam visa application:
1. Directly visit any local Vietnam embassy/Consulate to apply for visa; OR
2. Apply online for visa approval letter and then get visa upon arrival at Vietnam airports (visa on arrival).
For a full comparison between these two ways of visa application, see: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/why-use-vietnam-visa-on-arrival-service/.
2. Issuing Vietnam visa for temporary resident certificate
In case you wish to issue, extend, supplement, modify visa for temporary resident certificate, you will need to present required documents to the Vietnam Immigration Office or Police Immigration Management of Cities/ Provinces under Central authority. You may request a Vietnam-based international tourism companies to deal with Vietnam Immigration of Department on your behalf.
3. Issuing Vietnam visa for lost passport case
Where your passport is lost or stolen in Vietnam, it is essential to report back to the ward, commune where your passport was lost immediately. You should get in touch with the diplomatic representatives, your Embassy/ Consulate in Vietnam to request for a new passport or other document that can be valid passport. And then, you’d better apply for new Vietnam visa.
4. Issuing Vietnam visa for visit purpose conversion
Please note that under the Law on entry, exit and residence of foreigner in Vietnam which took effect from January 1, 2015, the purpose of visa won’t be converted from one purpose to another. So you are highly recommended to make a careful consideration before submitting visa application to any local embassy/consulate of Vietnam or online travel agencies which provide visa upon arrival service.
5. Issuing Vietnam visa for temporary resident card
If you have stayed in Vietnam more than 1 year, and wish to stay longer in Vietnam, you would like to ask for a temporary residence card. This temporary card is issued by the authorized provincial office managing entry and exit under the Ministry of Public Security. It is valid for a period of one to three years.
Following is contact information of Vietnam Immigration Office in big cities of Vietnam:
– In Hanoi: 44-46 Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District. Tel: (+84-4) 3825-7941.
– In Ho Chi Minh City: 254 Nguyen Trai, Dist 1. Tel: (+84-8) 3920-1701.
– In Danang City: No.7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nnang City. Tel: (+84-511) 823-383.
From Monday to Friday and Saturday morning
Morning: 8 am – 11 am.
Afternoon: 1:30 pm – 4 pm.