Vietnam Embassy in Thailand
There are 2 offices of Vietnam embassy/consulate in Thailand.
In addition to the Vietnam embassy in Bangkok, Vietnam has another representation in Thailand, which is the consulate in Khonkaen.
CONSULATE GENERAL OF VIETNAM IN KHONKAEN
EMBASSY OF VIETNAM IN BANGKOK
If you are a Thai citizen or a holder of foreign passport living in Thailand (Thai residents) and finding how to get a visa for Vietnam, then read the following guide.
How to get a Vietnam visa from Thailand
1. Get visa at the local embassy of Vietnam
This way of getting a visa to Vietnam in Thailand is quite simple as there are two offices of Vietnam embassy/consulate in Thailand.
To get it, the applicants will need to:
- Prepare the required documents, including, but not limited to:
- Print out of completed application form for the visa;
- Original passport,
- other supporting documents (at request by the embassy).
- Travel to the embassy/consulate to submit the documents and then pay the visa fees;
- Travel back to the embassy/consulate on the appointed date to pick up the visa and original passport.
However, if your residence is far from the embassy, and you are traveling to Vietnam by air, the second option below is highly recommended.
2. Apply online for a visa on arrival
Visa on arrival is available for those traveling to Vietnam by air. It is highly recommended for those:
- Traveling to Vietnam by air;
- Living far from the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Thailand;
- Too busy to contact/visit the embassy/consulate;
- Needing a visa for Vietnam urgently.
To get a visa on arrival for Vietnam, the Thai passport holders and residents only need to follow these 3 simple steps:
- Complete this online visa form with some basic personal information and pay the service fee
- Get visa approval letter via email within guaranteed time;
- Pay the stamping fee upon arrival at Vietnam airport and get visa stamped onto passport.