What is Evisa for Vietnam?
Vietnam evisa or Vietnam electronic visa (symbolized as EV) has been introduced by the Vietnam Immigration Department since February 2, 2017. This kind of Vietnamese visa is applied and issued online.
An e-visa for Vietnam is valid for 30 days only with a single entry only.
After 2 years of suspension due to Covid-19, Vietnam evisa has been resumed since March 15, 2022, and follows the same regulations as before Covid-19.
Vietnam evisa countries
E visa Vietnam is now available for citizens of 80 countries who wish to stay in Vietnam for no more than 30 days.
👉 Download List of Vietnam e-visa countries
(March 17, 2022 – Source: Vietnam Immigration Department)
- Those who are not included in this list should wait for further updates for a tourist visa to Vietnam.
- Those who wish to stay in Vietnam for more than 30 days should do a visa run, as neither e-visa extension nor visa on arrival is available at the moment.
Applicable Ports of Entry for Vietnam eVisa online
Holders of Vietnamese e-visas are allowed to enter the country through one of the following 33 ports:
|Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)||Bo Y Landport||Chan May Seaport|
|Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)||Cha Lo Landport||Da Nang Seaport|
|Can Tho International Airport||Cau Treo Landport||Duong Dong Seaport|
|Da Nang International Airport||Huu Nghi Landport||Hon Gai Seaport|
|Noi Bai Int Airport (Hanoi)||Ha Tien Landport||Hai Phong Seaport|
|Phu Bai Int Airport||Lao Bao Landport||Nha Trang Seaport|
|Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)||Lao Cai Landport||Quy Nhon Seaport|
|La Lay Landport||Ho Chi Minh City Seaport|
|Moc Bai Landport||Vung Tau Seaport|
|Mong Cai Landport|
|Nam Can Landport|
|Na Meo Landport|
|Song Tien Landport|
|Tinh Bien Landport|
|Tay Trang Landport|
|Xa Mat Landport|
👉 Download List of Vietnam evisa ports
- Your entry checkpoint should be exact to avoid any issues that you may face when boarding your flight and entering Vietnam.
Vietnam eVisa Requirements
If you are eligible for a Vietnam e-visa, please make sure to have the following items to get the e-visa:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months following arrival date and having at least 02 blank pages;
- 01 passport-size photo (see Vietnam visa photo requirements)
- Soft copies of the passport personal data page and soft photo
- Credit cards to make payment online for e-visa fee, (American Express card is not accepted).
How to Get Vietnam eVisa
Here comes the full process of how to get an e-visa for Vietnam.
- Access to the Vietnam e-visa online official website https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn > select E-visa > select For foreigners.
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- Current nationality;
- Passport Number;
- Type of passport;
- Expiry date;
- Intended length of stay;
- Intended temporary residential address in Vietnam;
- Date of entry;
- Entry gate;
- Exit date;
- Contact details: Email, phone.
Vietnam Evisa Fees & Processing time
An e-visa for Vietnam costs you 25 USD (per person). This fee is not refunded if your application is refused or your visa letter contains any wrong details since you provide incorrect details in the application form.
It normally takes 03 working days to receive the e-visa letter; however, the processing time may be affected by a large number of applicants or public holidays. As such, you should consider applying for this kind of visa 1-2 weeks before departure.
Vietnam Evisa Extension
You cannot extend a Vietnam e-visa now. In case you wish to remain in Vietnam after your e-visa expiry date, you are highly recommended to leave Vietnam for a neighboring country and then come back with a new evisa. This way is known as the Vietnam visa run.
► Check your detailed guidance for visa run Vietnam here.
Vietnam Evisa summary
- Vietnam e-visa is valid for 1 month in a single entry;
- E-visa cost is non-refundable, so ensure your application contains full information or contains no wrong details;
- Your port of entry granted on your e-visa is fixed, and you cannot change it after submitting your Vietnamese e-visa application or after your visa is issued. In case you change your port of entry, a new visa should be applied;
- No group application is accepted. Each application is for 1 applicant only.
- In case you want to visit Vietnam as a tourist but you are not eligible for an e-visa for Vietnam, please reschedule your travel until a tourist visa is issued by the Vietnam embassy or on arrival is available again.
- Previously, e-visa could be extended in Vietnam, but its extension has been currently suspended until further notice.
Vietnam eVisa Service
In case you need assistance to get your eVISA FAST & EASY, we are here to help.
With our service, you:
- WON’T have to complete the application yourself with the Vietnam Government, we do it for you, so that you will not be afraid of providing the wrong details on your application form.
- WON’T have to check your evisa processing status, we do it for you.
- GET your Vietnam eVisa ready in:
- 3- 5 working days,
- 2 working days
- 1 working day
- 2-4 working hours.
► See Emergency Vietnam Visa
Our Fees are as follows:
|Processing time||Fee (USD/pax)|
|1 - 2 pax||3 - 4 pax||From 5 pax|
|4 - 5 working days||50||49||48|
|3 working days||60||59||57|
|2 working days||75||73||71|
Note: This fee covers the Government fee (US $25) and our service fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You are not required to do so. You are required to complete all fields marked with a red asterisk. The other fields can be ignored. All the information we list above in the How to get an e-visa for Vietnam section is required.
No. When applying online for Vietnamese evisa, you are required to provide your port of entry. This port is fixed on the visa letter, and you are allowed to enter that port only.
In case you change your port of entry, you must apply for another visa.
Where you are not sure about the port of entry, and you are traveling to Vietnam by air, we highly recommend you apply for a visa on arrival for Vietnam as you can change the airport of arrival.
An e-visa for Vietnam works at 33 ports of entry. You can see their list above, in the Applicable ports of entry section.
It normally takes 3 working days for the Vietnam Immigration Department to process your application for Vietnam e-visa.
However, the processing time may be longer due to the large number of applicants or public holidays. As such, we highly recommend you to start your application for e-visa to Vietnam 1-2 weeks before departure.
After completing the form, you will verify your information and in this step you will receive your registration code. Please remember that this code is not sent to your email.
You should take a screenshot of your registration code and save it somewhere in your device as it is very important. Without it, you cannot check your visa status and download the visa letter.
No, that is not possible. You can only apply for one applicant at a time.
After entering Vietnam by e-Visa, you can request an agency/organization/individual in Vietnam to guarantee your stay and apply on your behalf for a new visa at the Vietnam Immigration Department.
In this case, you need to write your full name as it appears in the ICAO line of your passport data page.
Please be informed that your Vietnam e-visa validity starts from the date specified in your approved e-Visa document. You can enter Vietnam on any date within this validity.
No. You cannot enter Vietnam before or after your e-visa validity dates.
Q. Hi, I’ve got my Vietnam evisa, but its arrival date is wrong. Can I get it changed or do I have to apply for a new one?
A. Hi. In case you want to change your arrival date, we can help. Please let us know via our email Support@Vietnam-visa.com or Hotline/Zalo/WhatsApp/Viber No. +84.946.583.583
Q. I’ve got my evisa for entering via Tan Son Nhat Airport (HCMC), but my trip changed and I will enter via Noi Bai (Hanoi). Can I get my port changed?
A. Hi. In case you want to change your evisa port of entry, we can help. Please let us know via our email Support@Vietnam-visa.com or Hotline/Zalo/WhatsApp/Viber No. +84.946.583.583