What is E-visa for Vietnam?
Vietnam e-visa or Vietnam electronic visa (symbolized as EV) has been introduced by the Vietnam Immigration Department since February 2, 2017. This kind of Vietnamese visa is applied and issued online.
An evisa for Vietnam is valid for 30 days only with a single entry only.
Note: At the moment, due to COVID 19, this type of visa is temporary suspended. The Vietnam Government, on May 26, 2020, issued Resolution No. 79/NQ-CP which confirmed that citizens of the following 80 countries are eligible for Vietnam e-visa if they enter Vietnam via one of 33 ports of entry mentioned above. This Resolution takes effect on July 1, 2020. However, the Resolution did not mention the date of Vietnam border reopening as many think. We will keep you updated.
Who Are Eligible for Vietnam E-visa?
E visa Vietnam is now available for citizens of the following countries who are traveling to Vietnam for tourism purpose and stay in the country for no more than 30 days.
|Armenia||Iceland||Papua New Guinea|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Korea (South)||Romania|
|Chile||The former Yugoslav of Macedonia||Slovakia|
|China (Including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders, not apply to Chinese e-passport holders)||Malta||Slovenia|
|Colombia||Marshall Islands||Solomon Islands|
|Cuba||Federated States of Micronesia||Sweden|
|Czech Republic||Monaco||East Timor|
|Denmark||Mongolia||United Arab Emirates|
|Fiji||Myanmar||United States of America|
Those who are not included in this list or wish to stay in Vietnam for more than 30 days can check out the way of getting a visa on arrival.
Applicable Ports of Entry for Vietnam E visa online
Holders of Vietnamese e-visas are allowed to enter the country through one of the following 33 ports:
|Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)||Bo Y Landport||Chan May Seaport|
|Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)||Cha Lo Landport||Da Nang Seaport|
|Can Tho International Airport||Cau Treo Landport||Duong Dong Seaport|
|Da Nang International Airport||Huu Nghi Landport||Hon Gai Seaport|
|Noi Bai Int Airport (Hanoi)||Ha Tien Landport||Hai Phong Seaport|
|Phu Bai Int Airport||Lao Bao Landport||Nha Trang Seaport|
|Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)||Lao Cai Landport||Quy Nhon Seaport|
|La Lay Landport||Ho Chi Minh City Seaport|
|Moc Bai Landport||Vung Tau Seaport|
|Mong Cai Landport|
|Nam Can Landport|
|Na Meo Landport|
|Song Tien Landport|
|Tinh Bien Landport|
|Tay Trang Landport|
|Xa Mat Landport|
If you are eligible for a Vietnam e visa, please make sure the following to get the e-visa:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months following arrival date and having at least 02 blank pages;
- 01 passport size photo (see Vietnam visa photo requirements)
- Soft copies of passport personal data page and soft photo
- Credit cards to make payment online for e-visa fee, (American Express card is not accepted).
How to Get Vietnam E-visa
Here comes the full process of how to get an e-visa for Vietnam.
- Access https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn > select E-visa > select For foreigners.
- Read the instruction and check the box “Confirmation of reading carefully instructions and having completed application” and click “Next.”
- Upload your photo and passport personal data page as instructed.
- And then fill out the form with the required information, including:
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- Current nationality;
- Passport Number;
- Type of passport;
- Expiry date;
- Intended length of stay;
- Intended temporary residential address in Vietnam;
- Date of entry;
- Entry gate;
- Exit date;
- Contact details: Email, phone.
- Verify your information, and then you will get a verification code. Make sure you note it somewhere as you’ll need it later on.
- Pay for e-visa fee (USD25) via an online platform.
- Access to this website again a few days later, visit the e-visa search menu and enter your registration code, email, and date of birth to check your e-visa application processing.
- Get a link to download and print the one-page e-visa letter for Vietnam in case your application is approved.
- Show to letter/visa code at the entry point to enter Vietnam to get into Vietnam.
Vietnam E-visa Fees & Processing time
An e-visa for Vietnam costs you 25 USD (per person). This fee is not refunded if your application is refused or your visa letter contains any wrong details since you provide incorrect details in the application form.
It normally takes 03 working days to receive the e-visa letter; however, the processing time may be affected by a large number of applicants or public holidays. As such, you should consider applying for this kind of visa 1-2 weeks before departure.
- Vietnam e-visa is for tourists only, and valid for 1 month in single entry;
- E-visa cost is non-refundable, so ensure your application contain full information or contain no wrong details;
- Your port of entry granted on your e-visa is fixed, and you cannot change after submitting your Vietnamese e-visa application or after your visa is issued. In case you change your port of entry, a new visa should be applied;
- No group application is accepted. Each application is for 1 applicant only.
- In case you are not eligible for an e-visa for Vietnam, or if you wish to obtain a visa for Vietnam in another way, you can consider a visa on arrival. You can see how they are different here.
- E-visa can be extended when you are in Vietnam.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You are not required to do so. You are required to complete all fields marked with a red asterisk. The other fields can be ignored. All the information we list above in the How to get an e-visa for Vietnam section is required.
No. When applying online for Vietnamese evisa, you are required to provide your port of entry. This port is fixed on the visa letter, and you are allowed to enter that port only.
In case you change your port of entry, you must apply for another visa.
Where you are not sure about the port of entry, and you are traveling to Vietnam by air, we highly recommend you apply for a visa on arrival for Vietnam as you can change the airport of arrival.
An e-visa for Vietnam works at 33 ports of entry. You can see their list above, in the Applicable ports of entry section.
It normally takes 3 working days for the Vietnam Immigration Department to process your application for Vietnam e-visa.
However, the processing time may be longer due to the large number of applicants or public holidays. As such, we highly recommend you to start your application for e-visa to Vietnam 1-2 weeks before departure.
After completing the form, you will verify your information and in this step you will receive your registration code. Please remember that this code is not sent to your email.
You should take a screenshot of your registration code and save it somewhere in your device as it is very important. Without it, you cannot check your visa status and download the visa letter.
No, that is not possible. You can only apply for one applicant at a time.
After entering Vietnam by e-Visa, you can request an agency/organization/individual in Vietnam to guarantee your stay and apply on your behalf for a new visa at the Vietnam Immigration Department or extend your e-visa.
In this case, you need to write your full name as it appears in the ICAO line of your passport data page.
Please be informed that your Vietnam e-visa validity starts from the date specified in your approved e-Visa document. You can enter Vietnam on any date within this validity.
No. You cannot enter Vietnam before or after your e-visa validity dates.