Not sure about applying Vietnam visa photo? What are the requirements, size, guidelines, specifications, and rules for Vietnam visa photos? Just review the guide below.
Do I Need Photo for Vietnam Visa?
Yes. When you apply for Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassy, you need to attach your photo with the application form.
In case you enter Vietnam under visa on arrival, you need to prepare 02 passport-sized pictures for online application.
Vietnam Visa Photo Requirements & Size
If you are not sure about Vietnam visa photo size and requirements, then review and follow the rules and guidelines below:
- The photos size should be 4 x 6 cm (standard Vietnam photography size) or 2 x 2 inches.
- The photos should be identical, taken within the past 06 months.
- The photos must be in color, printed on bond paper or professional photo paper.
- They must be full face, front view with a solid, plain bright background.
- A hat or headgear must be kept out unless it must be worn for religious purposes.
- The outfit with the exception of religious attire should not be worn.
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons.
- In some exceptional cases, consistent objects like prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar items are still accepted.
- No smile. Just keep a neutral expression.
Please prepare 02 photos as styled following Vietnam visa requirements and guidelines above to avoid any hassle at Vietnam airport.
The following is an example for Vietnam visa photo size requirements:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Like adults, children need their own photo to get a visa for Vietnam. It can be a bit trickier photographing kids, especially newborns, infants, and babies which’s why we have some recommendations for you:
- No one else can be in the picture. Having parents or someone else in the photo is the number one issue and cause of rejection for infant photos.
- Keep toys, pacifiers, bottles, and other objects out of the picture.
- Place a white sheet behind the baby if laying him down or sitting in a chair. By this way, the background is solid white and mothering else is visible.
- Do your best to square up the face of the baby and snap the picture with his eyes open.
In case you do not have time to prepare 2 photos in advance, you can get them directly at the photo store of Vietnam airport. It costs around US $2.
Yes. It is the same for both types of visa for Vietnam and for citizens of all countries.