At the moment, all experts entering Vietnam under the expert entry program approved by the Vietnam Government are required to follow this Vietnam entry and quarantine procedure.
This procedure is divided into 3 phases, before – upon – and after arrival. Its details are as follows.
Before Entering Vietnam in COVID
Before entering the country, the entrants shall:
- Get Vietnam entry permit;
- Register a concentrated facility for quarantine upon arrival in Vietnam together with a specific work schedule in Vietnam;
- Get a Medical certificate confirming negative SARS-CoV-2 result (in English) tested by the viral RNA (RT-PCR/RT-LAMP, etc.) detection from a competent healthcare agency 48 – 72 hours before entry.
Upon entry into Vietnam
The authorities shall
- Check your entry permit and give you a visa stamp on your passport;
- check your Medical certificate confirming negative SARS-CoV-2 result provided by the entrants, take body temperature, and medical examination to detect suspected cases, and take the measures as prescribed.
- collect information about the concentrated quarantine facility, inform the authorities of related localities for further monitoring and supervision.
- guide the entrants to carry out electronic medical declaration, install and use tracking applications.
- take samples for testing at the checkpoint (if any), arrange separate sampling areas, ensure epidemic prevention, and divide flows of movement to the sampling area, take samples, carry out rapid tests using viral RNA or antigen detection.
- If the test result is positive, the medical isolation at the medical facility shall be applied immediately, the entrants shall be taken samples for testing, treated in accordance with current regulations for cases with COVID 19.
- If it is negative or not clear, the entrants are taken to their registered quarantine facility by a dedicated vehicle arranged by the local authorities or People’s Committee in compliance with the safety regulations during movement as instructed by the Steering Committee for Covid 19 Prevention and Control under Emergency Notices No. 597/CĐ-BCĐ and 600/CĐ-BCĐ dated May 5, 2021.
Then, the entrants shall be grouped based on their rapid test results for leaving the entry area.
In case a rapid test has not been taken at the checkpoint, the entrants shall be taken to their registered quarantine facility in compliance with the safety regulations by the Ministry of Health.
At the Vietnam quarantine facility
You can see the illustration for your place of concentrated quarantine upon arrival in Vietnam.
At the concentrated quarantine facility, the entrants will be taken samples for SARS-CoV-2 test by viral RNA detection technique (RT-PCR / RT-LAMP, etc.).
In the case of non-performance of test at the checkpoint or unclear test result, the test sample shall be taken as soon as the entrants arrive at the concentrated quarantine facility.
- If the test result is a positive, immediate isolation at a medical facility shall be applied; the entrants shall be treated in accordance with current regulations for cases with COVID 19.
- If it is negative, quarantine, monitoring and medical supervision will be maintained until the second test sample is taken.
All cases are sampled for at least two more tests, on the 14th day and 20th days of their quarantine or as soon as they have suspected symptoms of disease.
- If the test result is positive, immediate isolation at a medical facility shall be applied; the entrants shall be taken samples for testing, treated in accordance with current regulations for cases with COVID 19.
- If it is negative, they are allowed to move to their accommodation for further quarantine until full 21 days of entry and follow the epidemic prevention measures in accordance with the current guidance of the Ministry of Health.
- Beginning September 1, all travelers entering Vietnam need to pay for all testing and quarantine costs. For further information, please see the Vietnamese government’s website here.
Travel from the quarantine facility to the accommodation must be carried out by private vehicles according to regulations of the Ministry of Health.
At the accommodation, in the first 7 days, the entrants shall:
- Notify the local health station in the residence immediately upon arrival from the concentrated quarantine facility
- Apply Covid prevention and fighting measures and self-monitor health daily at home.
- Install IT Apps to track Covid prevention and fighting status.
- Make daily health declaration: Immediately visit the nearest health establishment for prompt instruction and management in case of fever, cough, pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, chills, loss of taste.
- Do not leave home: In case it’s required to leave home,
- Notify the local public security, the health establishment
- Strictly comply with 5K rules – Mask – Distance – Health declaration – Disinfection – No Gathering
- Do not gather in large groups or join the crowds.
- In case of moving to another locality: The organization/entity welcoming the experts or Vietnamese citizens shall notify the Center for Disease Control of the province/city of their residence for its notification to its counterpart in the destination province/city for further health observation as regulated.
- Take Covid test on the 7th day after the end of the concentrated quarantine
- Negative confirmed ► further health track for another 7 days
- Positive confirmed ► mandatory quarantine at health establishment as regulated.
This guide has just been issued by the Steering Committee for Covid 19 Prevention and Control. Should you need any information about getting into Vietnam these days, feel free to let us know via +84.946.583.583 (WhatsApp, Viber, Zalo available), or leave us your message here.
Consult me on Vietnam Entry in COVID!
Thank you so much for contacting us!
Thank you for contacting us. Our consultant will get back to you within 04 working hours. Wish you all the best!