At the moment, all experts entering Vietnam under the expert entry program approved by the Vietnam Government are required to follow this Vietnam entry and quarantine procedure.
This procedure is divided into 3 phases, before – upon – and after arrival. Its details are as follows.
Before Entering Vietnam in COVID
Before entering the country, the entrants shall:
- Get Vietnam entry permit;
- Register a concentrated facility for quarantine upon arrival in Vietnam together with a specific work schedule in Vietnam;
- Get a Medical certificate confirming negative SARS-CoV-2 result (in English) tested by the viral RNA (RT-PCR/RT-LAMP, etc.) detection from a competent healthcare agency within 72 hours before departure for Vietnam.
Upon entry into Vietnam
The authorities shall
- Check your entry permit and give you a visa stamp on your passport;
- check your Medical certificate confirming negative SARS-CoV-2 result provided by the entrants, take body temperature, and medical examination to detect suspected cases, and take the measures as prescribed.
- collect information about the concentrated quarantine facility, inform the authorities of related localities for further monitoring and supervision.
- guide the entrants to carry out electronic medical declaration, install and use tracking applications.
- take samples for testing at the checkpoint (if any), arrange separate sampling areas, ensure epidemic prevention, and divide flows of movement to the sampling area, take samples, carry out rapid tests using viral RNA or antigen detection.
- If the test result is positive, the medical isolation at the medical facility shall be applied immediately, the entrants shall be taken samples for testing, treated in accordance with current regulations for cases with COVID 19.
- If it is negative or not clear, the entrants are taken to their registered quarantine facility by a dedicated vehicle arranged by the local authorities or People’s Committee in compliance with the safety regulations during movement as instructed by the Steering Committee for Covid 19 Prevention and Control.
Then, the entrants shall be grouped based on their rapid test results for leaving the entry area.
In case a rapid test has not been taken at the checkpoint, the entrants shall be taken to their registered quarantine facility in compliance with the safety regulations by the Ministry of Health.
At the Vietnam quarantine facility
You can see the illustration for your place of concentrated quarantine upon arrival in Vietnam.
Depending on the quarantine period, the Vietnam entrants are now divided into 02 groups as follows:
- fully vaccinated entrants, and
- unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated persons.
Those groups of entrants are subject to different period of quarantine as follows.
For fully vaccinated entrants
For unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated persons
7 days at concentrated quarantine facility + 7 days at home
14 days at concentrated quarantine facility + 14 days at home
Conditions of eligibility
At the concentrated quarantine facility
At the concentrated quarantine facility, the following procedure will be applied:
In the Covid test for the entrants has not been taken at the checkpoint or it has been taken but its result is unclear, the test sample shall be taken as soon as the entrants arrive at the concentrated quarantine facility.
For 7-day concentrated quarantine, the entrants are sampled for at least 01 more RT PCR single-sample test on the 7th day of their quarantine or as soon as they have suspected symptoms of the disease.
For 14-day concentrated quarantine, all entrants are sampled for at least 01 more RT PCR single-sample test on the 13th day of their quarantine or as soon as they have suspected symptoms of the disease.
At home/ place of residence
Travel from the quarantine facility to the accommodation must be carried out by private vehicles according to regulations of the Ministry of Health.
At the accommodation, the entrants shall:
∆ Important note: Beginning September 1, 2020, all travelers entering Vietnam need to pay for all testing and quarantine costs. For further information, please see the Vietnamese government’s website here.
Should you need any information about getting into Vietnam these days, feel free to let us know via +84.946.583.583 (WhatsApp, Viber, Zalo available), or leave us your message here.
Consult me on Vietnam Entry in COVID!
Thank you so much for contacting us!
Thank you for contacting us. Our consultant will get back to you within 04 working hours. Wish you all the best!