What happens if your baby (with foreign citizenship) is born in Vietnam and you have no entry visa for him/her, or if you are staying in the country with an expired visa or your passport gets damaged or lost unfortunately? How to leave Vietnam? Yes, there is no choice other than getting a Vietnam exit visa – the visa that permits you to leave Vietnam legally.
We will show you all in this post.
1. What is Vietnam Exit Visa
The Exit Vietnam visa is the travel document issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department to allow its holder to leave Vietnam.
An exit visa for Vietnam is normally valid for 10 days only since the date of submission of your exit visa application to the Vietnam Immigration Department.
The normal processing time of an exit visa for Vietnam is 3 – 5 working days. And the cost of an exit visa may vary.
2. How to get Exit Visa from Vietnam?
The Vietnam exit visa (or exit permit) is granted to:
- babies with foreign citizenship born in Vietnam
- foreigners having expired visa in Vietnam
- foreigners having lost/damaged passport in Vietnam.
So, we will guide you through steps to get the exit visa for Vietnam in each case.
2.1 Getting exit visa from Vietnam for foreign babies born in Vietnam
To get the visa to leave Vietnam in this case, you need to:
- submit the original Delivery Verification to your embassy in Vietnam to apply for your child’s Birth Certificate, and then apply for his/her passport,
- get his/her Birth Certificate legalized by the embassy, translated and notarized as regulated,
- Complete this NA5 – application form for Vietnam visa issuance and stay extension,
- then pack this form together with the child’s original Delivery Verification, legalized, translated and notarized Birth certificate, mother/father’s original passport and valid visa, or residence card or work permit,
- visit the Vietnam Immigration Department to submit those documents. Here are the address of the Vietnam Immigration Department:
- Hanoi: No.44-46 Tran Phu Str., Ba Dinh Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Da nang: 7 Tran Quy Cap Str., Da Nang city
- HCMC: 161 Nguyen Du Str., Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Hochiminh City
After 7 working days, you will receive the exit visa and you and your kid can exit Vietnam without hassles. This exit visa is valid for 15 days.
2.2 Getting Exit visa in case of Expired Visa
To get the exit visa from Vietnam this case, you need to follow the steps below:
- Contact a local Vietnam visa agent or visit the Vietnam Immigration Department to submit your documents, including your valid passport and the exit visa application form NA5.
- Pay the exit visa fees
- Receive your passport back with a new exit visa.
After getting the exit visa, you need to check out its due date and complete all procedures including paying the fee to leave Vietnam. The fine fee for overstaying the visa in Vietnam may vary depending how long you stay over your visa. You can access here for full details of this fine.
2.2 How to get Exit visa in case of damaged or lost passport
Getting an exit visa from Vietnam this case is a little bit complicated.
- You firstly need to go to the nearest police station and report what happened. They will issue to you a police report which will allow you to start the process of getting a new passport and exit visa.
- Go to the embassy of your country in Vietnam:
- Before you go, make sure you have your police report, your passport photos and the local currency for new travel document.
- After considering all the thing, they will issue you with a new temporary passport.
- Go to the Vietnam Immigration Department to apply for the exit visa.
- Before going, you need to make sure that you have the following docu.ments:
- Original and copy of the police report
- A copy of your old passport and visa if you have it
- Your new travel document issued by your embassy/consulate
- Form NA5 which you can pick up and fill in when you are there
- Cash to pay for your new visa.
- Upon reaching the office, you take the Form NA5 and complete it, then waiting for your number to be called. They will take you new passport and process your new visa application.
- You then pay the Vietnam exit visa application fees
- Take your receipt and return on the required date to pick up your new passport and visa.
Here come full processes to get an exit visa to leave Vietnam in case you overstay you.r visa or get your passport damaged or lost. If you need any assistance in this regard, just make a call to +84.946.583.583 or leave us an message at Sales@Vietnam-visa.com, we will get back to you shortly.