Experts entering Vietnam and staying in the country for less than 14 days will no longer be required to stay in 14-day quarantine upon arrival.
But they have to continue complying with all other requirements on COVID-19 pandemic prevention required by the Ministry of Health. They also need to complete medical procedures including tests for Covid-19. The organization that invites them needs to guarantee that it, or an international insurance company, will bear all medical and other expenses if they contract the disease in Vietnam.
Subjects of Application:
- Investors, experts, skilled workers, managers of enterprise with their relatives, and other subjects according to Agreements between countries (hereinafter “Expert”);
- Those who enter with diplomatic purposes
Requirements and Procedures
- The sponsor company shall build specific working schedules, accommodation, transport, quarantine plan for Experts, and scheme for keeping safety and maintaining COVID-19 pandemic prevention for Experts and people they met in their working time. The priority to select a meeting, contract, negotiation, residence location in province/city which has or be near the import and export gate in order to restrict Expert to go deep in inland and travel through many places.
- The experts must be tested for SARS-CoV-2 by Real time-PCR technique from 03 to 05 days prior to entry to Vietnam and the result must be negative. The SARS-CoV-2 test must be done at a government-approved laboratory.
Upon arrival in Vietnam:
- Experts must present the testing result to show that they are negative for SARS-CoV-2 before entering Vietnam.
- They must declare electronic medical and measure body temperature.
- They mustinstall “Bluezone” application when staying in Vietnam.
At the residence location:
- The sponsor company shall arrange an isolated accommodation for Expert (hotel, accommodation scheduled by the enterprise, other accommodation) which is arranged by Provincial People’s Committee;
- The experts shall be tested for SARS-COV-2 when coming to accommodation by RT-PRC technique. If they are negative with Covid, the competent agency will consider letting them work in local. To carry out sampling for SARS-COV-2 every 02 days during the stay in Vietnam.
- The experts shall have health workers take samples of SARS-COV-2 one day before the expert leaves Vietnam in order to have an insolation and backup plan for those who contact Experts entering Vietnam in their working time in case of necessity.