This guide is specifically for:
- Chinese passport holders living in Shanghai, and
- Foreign passport holders residing in Shanghai.
Travelers may have up to two options to get Vietnam visa from Shanghai, China:
- Get visa at Vietnam embassy in Shanghai, or
- Apply online and get visa on arrival at Vietnam airport
Now let’s learn how to get Vietnam visa in Shanghai in details:
1. Get Visa at Local Vietnam Embassy in Shanghai
EMBASSY OF VIETNAM IN SHANGHAI
To apply for a visa at Vietnam embassy in Shanghai, you need to submit the documents below:
- Original passport
- Completed and signed application form
- Sponsor letter from Vietnam-based company (to get business visa)
- Prepaid envelope with your address (to get visa and passport returned by post)
2. Get Visa on Arrival from Shanghai
Visa on arrival (VOA) is available for those who are living or residing in Shanghai and fly to Vietnam. Also known as Visa at the airport, visa on arrival is issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department. Its application requires you NO travel and NO submission of any document.
Either you are planning to get SETV (single entry tourist visa) or METV (multiple entry tourist visa) or any other type of visa you have to take the same steps as follows:
Double check your information.
Make payment for service fee via Credit/ Debit Card via OnePay/ PayPal or bank transfer.
Board the airplane to fly to Vietnam; and
Present all documents to VOA counter and pick the visa stamp at Vietnam airport.
Click here for full details about visa on arrival for Vietnam, including how to get it in details, its cost, processing time and important notes.