Vietnam Embassy in Hong Kong
It’s great that there is one office of Vietnam consulate in Hong Kong. It means that your visa issuance, legalization requests can be processed more conveniently than those in countries without an embassy/consulate of Vietnam. You can find the contact details of this consulate below:
CONSULATE GENERAL OF VIETNAM IN HONG KONG
If you are in Hong Kong and searching for how to get a Vietnam visa there, look no further but the section below.
How to get Vietnam visa from Hong Kong
This how-to-get guide is for:
- Hong Kong passport holders, and
- Those with foreign passports currently in Hong Kong.
1. Get visa at the local consulate of Vietnam
This way of Vietnamese visa application requires the Hong Kong citizens and residents to contact the Consulate General of Vietnam in Hong Kong.
Normally, they will need to prepare the following documents:
- Written visa application form attached with photo.
- Original valid passport,
- Invitation letter or visa approval letter (for business visa); and
- Other support documents (if any).
2. Apply online for visa on arrival
Visa on arrival (VOA) is the best choice to get a Vietnam visa from Hong Kong. It is especially beneficial for those living far from the office of the Vietnam embassy/consulate in this country. However, it is available for those traveling to Vietnam by air only.
To get a visa on arrival for Vietnam, the Hong Kong citizens and residents only need to follow these 3 simple steps:
- Complete this online visa form with some basic personal information and pay the service fee
- Get visa approval letter via email within guaranteed time;
- Pay the stamping fee upon arrival at Vietnam airport and get visa stamped onto passport.
For details, you may also read: