Vietnam Embassy in the United States
There are 3 offices of the Vietnam embassy/consulate in the United States.
In addition to the Vietnam embassy in Washington, Vietnam has 2 other representations in the United States, which are consulates in San Francisco, CA and Houston, Texas. Those offices function to assist your with:
- a visa to Vietnam,
- Vietnam 5 year visa,
- Vietnam embassy legalization in USA,
Here are their details.
EMBASSY OF VIETNAM IN WASHINGTON
CONSULATE GENERAL OF VIETNAM IN SAN FRANCISCO
CONSULATE GENERAL OF VIETNAM IN HOUSTON
How to get Vietnam visa from the United States
This how-to-get guide is for:
- US passport holders, and
- holders of foreign passport currently living in the United States of America.
At the moment, those persons may have 02 ways to obtain a visa for Vietnam.
1. Apply for Visa at the local Vietnam Embassy/Consulate
To get a Vietnam visa this way, the US passport holders or those with a foreign passport in USA should prepare the following documents:
- Visa application form,
- Original passport,
- two (2) 2×2 inch identical photos,
- Visa fee (paid by Visa Card/Master Card),
- Other supporting documents (if any): copy of visa approval document or provision of visa approval reference number issued by the relevant authority of Viet Nam; invitation letter from sponsor/host etc.
They then need to submit those documents in person at the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in the USA or send them by post.
2. Apply online for visa on arrival
Those who are in America and traveling to Vietnam by air can apply online for a visa on arrival. This way of visa application is considered the best way to obtain a visa to Vietnam from the US, especially for those living far from the Vietnam embassy/consulate in US as it requires no contact with those offices.
There are 3 steps they need to follow: