- Hoa Nguyen
- Mar 20, 2017
- Vietnam Visa
I. Vietnam Visa Requirements for Singaporeans
Are you wondering if you need a visa to Vietnam as a Singaporean citizen? This is the answer for you.
- In case you just wish to stay in Vietnam for no more than 30 days, you DO NOT need the Vietnam visa;
- Otherwise, in case you wish to stay in Vietnam for more than 30 days, you NEED a valid visa.
II. So, how to obtain Vietnam visa for Singaporeans
At the moment, there are two legitimate ways to obtain a visa for Singaporeans to Vietnam as follows:
- Get Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy; &
- Get Visa on arrival.
Following is a brief description of these two ways.
|Description||Visa on arrival||Embassy visa|
|Issued by||Vietnam Immigration Department||Vietnam Embassy|
|Processing time||2 working days (or 2 hours urgent)||4 – 5 working days|
|Processing fee||From US$21 (excluding stamp fee)||US$67 – US$95|
|Additional fees||None||Postal cost, driving, parking fees|
Now, let’s discover one by one to figure out which is the best for you.
1. Visa at Vietnam Embassy
How to get
You may visit any embassy of Vietnam (either Vietnam Embassy in Singapore or in any other countries which is convenient for you) to submit the visa application form.
Following is the typical procedure applied by the embassy:
- Download the application form on website of the embassy you are planned to apply for visa with, fill it out and attached it with a photo;
- Prepare documents for application, including: application form, original passport, photos and visa fee and others as required by the embassy;
- Travel to the Embassy to submit application documents and pay for visa fee;
- Get the Appointment Letter and then leave there for home;
- Travel back to the embassy on the appointed date to pick up original passport and visa.
- Available to all Singaporeans to Vietnam by any means of transport.
- Having stamped visa on passport before departure to Vietnam.
- Processed separately.
- Inconvenient for those living far from the embassy;
- Long processing time (often 4 – 5 working days);
- No urgent processing (2 – 4 working hours);
- Possible long queue at the embassy;
- Hassle with sending away the passport.
How to get
This way is said to solve the inconvenience of the former way. Its process is completely different. It requires no travel or no sending off original passport and other documents via post either. It just requires a device with internet access. Accordingly, it is said very convenient for those living far from the embassy.
To pick up visa on arrival, one is required to obtain a visa approval letter before departure for Vietnam.
And following is the entire process to get Vietnam visa on arrival for Singaporean citizens:
- Go to https://booking.vietnam-visa.com/step1.html, and complete the form here (no document is required);
- Review to make sure all information is correct, and then make payment of service fee online;
- Wait for maximum 2 working days or even 2 working hours in urgent cases (for tourist visa) to get visa approval letter delivered to email together with detailed guide to pick up full visa upon arrival at Vietnam airport;
- Get visa stamped upon original passport upon arrival at Vietnam airport (a few minutes at the airport).
- Convenient for those living far from the embassy;
- Short processing time (2 working days only);
- Urgent processing (1 – 2 working days only);
- No hassle with sending away the passport.
- Available for those traveling to Vietnam by air only;
- Possible long queue at Vietnam Immigration Counter at Vietnam airport to get visa stamped;
- Often processed in group.
This is a full comparison between the current 2 ways to obtain Vietnam visa for Singaporeans. We are sure that by reading here, you now already know which way is best for you.
Should you need any further information, please feel free to let us know via Sales@Vietnam-visa.com or (+84) 946 583 583.