Do Afghanistan Citizens Need a Visa to Vietnam?
Yes. All Afghanistan citizens require a valid visa to enter Vietnam. If they enter Vietnam for a holiday, they need a tourist visa. In case they visit Vietnam for a business trip, they need a business visa.
To enter Vietnam, the following entry requirements also should be met:
- The Afghanistan passport is valid for at least 06 months following the arrival date;
- The Afghanistan passport has at least 02 blank pages.
How to Apply for Vietnam visa for Afghanistan Citizens?
There are currently two ways to get a visa to Vietnam for citizens and passport holders of Afghanistan, consisting of:
1. Get embassy visa
This ways of Vietnamese visa application will require the Afghanistan passport holders to directly contact the embassy/consulate of Vietnam. Unfortunately, there is no such office in Afghanistan. As such,
- The Afghanistan citizens traveling to Vietnam by air should apply for a visa to Vietnam with the second option below.
- The Afghanistan citizens entering Vietnam by cruise should ask whether the cruise line can arrange the visa to Vietnam for them or not,
- The Afghanistan citizens entering Vietnam by bus or train, or those entering by cruise but the cruise line does not arrange the visa for them, should contact the office of Vietnam embassy/consulate in a nearby country for visa application. A list of such offices can be found here.
2. Get visa on arrival (VOA)
This way is, for sure, the best way to get a visa to Vietnam for Afghanistan passport holders as it requires no contact with the embassy.
With VOA, you will get a visa approval letter via email before departure for Vietnam, and finally, get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport. The process to get the letter is completely done online with an internet-connected device.
To get the letter, please send a soft copy of your Afghanistan passport to our email Support@Vietnam-visa.com or send your request below. Our staff will get back to you soon with further assistance.
How much is a Vietnam visa for Afghanistan citizens?
The Vietnam visa fees for Afghanistan citizens vary depending on the way they choose to get their visa for Vietnam.
- The embassy visa fee may vary by the embassy;
- The visa on arrival fee is fixed at a visa stamping fee of US$25 for a single entry visa or US$50 for a multiple entry visa valid for up to 3 months PLUS (+) the service fee for visa approval letter for Afghanistan citizens. Please feel free to contact us for how much you need to pay for your Vietnamese (visa).