An ultimate guide about Vietnam visa for German citizens (Germany passport holders), including Vietnam visa requirements, application, cost and processing.
Do German Passport Holders Need a Visa to Go to Vietnam?
No, if their stay in Vietnam is no more than 45 consecutive days.
As released by the Vietnam Government, German passport holders DO NOT need a visa to enter Vietnam for 45-day stays in the country.
If they want to stay in Vietnam for longer, they can either:
- Leave Vietnam for another nearby country, and come back with another 45-day visa exemption, or
- Apply for a 90-day evisa.
Fortunately. It’s now easy to apply online for Vietnam visa for German passport holders. Guiding you through details on Vietnam visa for German citizens is our work her.
How many ways are there to apply for a Vietnam visa for Germany passport holders?
At the moment, there is a single way to get a visa to Vietnam for citizens of Germany, which is to apply for a Vietnam evisa.
Vietnam evisa types available for German Citizens
How many types of Vietnam available for German passport holders may vary depending on different criteria as follows:
- Regarding visa validity and number of entries, you have:
- 90 days single entry visa, and
- 90 days multiple entry visa.
- Regarding purpose of visit, you have:
- Tourist visa, and
- Business visa.
P/S: you should not apply for a 30-day visa for Vietnam as you get visa-free for up to 45 days remaining in the country.
How long can German citizens stay in Vietnam?
German citizens can remain in Vietnam, for up to 90 days, depending on visa validity. But one thing to keep in mind is that:
- German citizens are not allowed to enter Vietnam earlier than the arrival date granted on their visa for Vietnam.
- German citizens must leave Vietnam no later than the exit date granted on their visa for Vietnam, unless the visa has been successfully extended. Overstaying Vietnam visa my result in fines and heavy penalties in severe cases.
For example, for a visa valid from September 1, 2023 until September 30, 2023, its holder can enter Vietnam on any day between these 2 dates, and must leave by September 30, 2023, unless the visa has been extended.
How long is Vietnam evisa valid for?
A Vietnam evisa is valid for up to 90 days at maximum. Its actual validity is clearly stated on the visa letter, from the granted entry date until the granted exit date.
Keep an eye on those dates to make sure no overstays at all.
Requirements for German citizens to apply for a Vietnam evisa
To complete Vietnam evisa application form online, no matter directly with the Government of Vietnam, or through a travel agent, German citizens need to have:
- Full passport personal page scan (passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the date of entry into Vietnam and have at least 02 blank pages)
- Portrait photo (soft copy) which meets the Vietnam evisa photo requirements.
Besides, you will need a card/paypal account that can make international payment.
Vietnam evisa costs and processing for German citizens
It depends on your way of application.
In case you apply for Vietnam evisa yourself at the Government website, your fee will be as follows:
- Single entry visa: US $25
- Multiple entry visa: US $50
The eVisa processing time will be as follows:
|Processing time||Percentage of applicants|
|<3 working days||5%|
|3 working days||75%|
|4-5 working days||15%|
|>5 working days||5%|
🎯You can also apply for an evisa for Vietnam with us to avoid common mistakes with Vietnam evisa, and guarantee your evisa delivery time. The total amount you need to pay will vary depending on the visa type and processing time you choose. Here are your options:
|Visa type||Processing time||Visa fee (USD/Pax) (Government Fee + Service Fee)|
|1-2 pax||3-4 pax||From 5 pax|
|90-day single entry||5-7 working days||50||49||48|
|4 working days||68||67||66|
|90-day multiple entry||5-7 working days||78||77||79|
|4 working days||96||95||93|
👉Start Vietnam evisa application now and get ready for a wonderful trip to Vietnam.
How to apply for Vietnam evisa for German passport holders?
You can apply for a Vietnam evisa yourself by following this Vietnam evisa application guide. Or you can enjoy an easier and faster process with our Vietnam evisa assistance service.
To apply for Vietnam visa online with us, you need to follow 3 steps below:
- STEP 1: Complete our secured online application form by giving us: your passport photo, portrait photo, entry checkpoint, travel dates, full name, date of birth, passport number, passport expiry date, and religion (if any).
- STEP 2: Make payment with your credit/debit card or PayPal account. After you finish your payment, a confirmation will be sent to your email. Your Vietnamese e-Visa application will be processed then your visa letter will be sent to your email within your registered time.
- STEP 3: Download your Vietnamese e-Visa, and print it out, and take it to Vietnam with you.
Tips for smooth and faster processing of Vietnam Visa for German citizens
To ensure smooth processing of your Vietnam visa application, consider the following tips:
- Apply for the visa well in advance, at least two weeks before your planned departure.
- Check all the necessary requirements before submitting your application to avoid delays and rejections.
- Double-check all the information provided in the application form and ensure it is accurate and matches your passport details.
- Submit all the necessary documents as per instructions.
- Make sure to pay the visa fee in advance, otherwise, your application will not be processed.
- Follow up on the status of your application regularly (if you apply yourself at the Government website) and be prepared to provide additional information if required.
👉Wanna avoid any mistake that may be caused by you during the visa processing >> We are here to help!
With our visa assistance, the procedure to get you visa for Vietnam is guaranteed to be properly followed, and your details are properly provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get Vietnam visa usually does not depend on your current residence place, but your nationality. If you are a German citizen, please follow the instructions above to get your visa for Vietnam. Otherwise, please go to our Vietnam visa requirements page, select your nationality, and get your guide.
If you apply for Vietnam evisa directly at the Vietnam Government website, the processing time is around 3 to 5 working days after you submit full valid information and make payment (whichever comes later).
If you want to guarantee and expedite your application, we can assist you to get visa within 2-3 working days, even same-day or 2-4 working hours.
Getting a single entry visa for Vietnam or a multiple entry visa for Vietnam can be done in the same way. The difference is that you need to select the right type of visa.
We can assist you to get visa within 2-3 working days, even same-day or 2-4 working hours. Please contact us via our hotline/Whatsapp +84.946.583.583 for immediate assistance.
No. You can enter Vietnam on any date between your granted arrival date and exit date. But no earlier entry is allowed.
You only need to show your passport and printed copy of your e-visa for Vietnam.
No. You must enter via your registered port of entry. If you make a change in this regard, please apply for a new evisa.
With evisa option, there is no need for Vietnam visa on arrival anymore.
There is no update on extension of Vietnam evisa for German citizens. You should leave Vietnam and come back with another evisa if you want to remain in the country for a certain period of time.