Do Sri Lankan Citizens Need a Visa to Vietnam?
Yes. All Sri Lanka citizens need a valid visa to Vietnam for tourism or business purpose, no matter how long they are staying in the country and where they depart for Vietnam.
Additionally, to enter Vietnam without a problem, the Sri Lankan citizens should ensure that their Sri Lanka passport:
- is valid for at least 06 months following the date of entry to Vietnam, and
- has at least 02 blank pages left.
How to Apply for a Vietnam visa for Sri Lankan Citizens?
There are currently two ways to get a visa to Vietnam for citizens and passport holders of Sri Lanka:
1. Get Embassy Visa
You, first of all, should contact (call or email) the Vietnam embassy in Sri Lanka or any country which is convenient for you for details on what to prepare for your visa application, the visa fee and processing time as well.
And then, you need to prepare the document as required by the embassy and come in person to the embassy at least twice, the first time is to submit required documents and the second one is to get your Vietnam visa.
2. Apply online for a visa approval letter and get visa stamped at Vietnam airport
This way to get a visa for Vietnam is known as Visa on arrival (VOA) and is highly recommended for Sri Lanka passport holders traveling to Vietnam by air. Applying for the Vietnam VOA will pose no inconvenience at all as it requires you no travel to the embassy or documents, BUT an internet-connected device.
With VOA, you will get a visa approval letter via email before departure for Vietnam, and finally get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport. The process to get the letter is completely done online with an internet-connected device.
To get the letter, please send a soft copy of your Sri Lanka passport to our email Support@Vietnam-visa.com or send your request below. Our staff will get back to you soon with further assistance.
How much is a Vietnam visa for Sri Lanka citizens?
The Vietnam visa fees may vary depending on the way you employ to apply for your visa.
- For embassy visa, the fee varies case by case. And in addition to the visa fee, you will need to cover travel costs as well.
- For visa on arrival, the visa fee is fixed at +US$25 as a stamping fee (for a single entry visa) PLUS the service fee for the visa approval letter. Call us at +84.946.583.583 or chat online with us for exactly how much you need to pay for your visa to Vietnam.