Vietnam Embassy in Laos
There are 4 representations of Vietnam embassy/consulate in Laos.
This page lists Vietnam Embassy and Consulates in Laos including contact information and addresses in Vientiane, Pakse, Savannakhet, Luang Prabang.
EMBASSY OF VIETNAM IN PAKSE
EMBASSY OF VIETNAM IN VIENTIANE
CONSULATE GENERAL OF VIETNAM IN LUANG PRABANG
How to get Vietnam visa from Laos
This guide on how to get Vietnam visa in Laos is written specifically for:
- Holders of Laos Passports
- Holders of Foreign passports currently residing in Laos (including those exempted and not exempted for Vietnamese visa)
There are 02 ways to get a visa to Vietnam from Laos, consisting of:
- Getting visa at local embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Laos, and
- Getting a visa on arrival.
1. Get visa at local embassy of Vietnam.
Follow are the common steps that the Lao citizens and residents need to follow to get a visa from the Embassy of Vietnam in Laos:
- Prepare the requirement documents, including, but not limited to:
- Print out of completed application form for the visa;
- Original passport,
- other supporting documents (at request by the embassy).
- Travel to the embassy to submit the documents and then pay the visa fees;
- Travel back to the embassy on the appointed date to pick up visa and original passport.
2. Apply online for visa on arrival
Visa on arrival (VOA) is the best choice to get a Vietnam visa from Laos. It is especially beneficial for those living far from the office of the Vietnam embassy/consulate in this country. However, it is available for those traveling to Vietnam by air only.
To get a visa on arrival for Vietnam, the Laotian citizens and residents only need to follow these 3 simple steps:
- Complete this online visa form with some basic personal information and pay the service fee
- Get visa approval letter via email within guaranteed time;
- Pay the stamping fee upon arrival at Vietnam airport and get visa stamped onto passport.