Vietnam Embassy in United Kingdom
There is one Vietnam embassy in United Kingdom, which is located in London. This is the authority which the residents in UK can contact to apply for an embassy visa to Vietnam or Vietnam embassy legalization of UK documents.
EMBASSY OF VIETNAM IN LONDON
How to get a Vietnam visa from UK
This guide is for:
- UK passport holders; and
- holders of other passports living in the UK.
There are two ways for those persons to get a visa to Vietnam from United Kingdom.
1. Get visa at the local embassy/consulate of Vietnam
The UK Citizens and residents who wish to apply for Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassy in UK need to prepare the following documents:
- For tourist visa for Vietnam:
- For business visa for Vietnam:
- Application form (Click to download WORD VERSION or PDF VERSION)
- Passport must be at least ONE MONTH valid prior to your proposed date of exit from Vietnam (but 6 months validity is highly recommended as the airlines may refuse your boarding);
- Invitation letter;
- Flight ticket or temporary flight booking;
- Other documents as required by the embassy.
They then need to visit the embassy twice, one to submit the documents and one for picking up the visa and passport.
2. Apply online for visa on arrival
Visa on arrival (VOA) is the best choice to get a Vietnam visa from United Kingdom. It is especially beneficial for those living far from the office of the Vietnam embassy/consulate in this country. However, it is available for those traveling to Vietnam by air only.
To get a visa on arrival for Vietnam, the UK citizens and residents only need to follow these 3 simple steps:
- Complete this online visa form with some basic personal information and pay the service fee
- Get visa approval letter via email within guaranteed time;
- Pay the stamping fee upon arrival at Vietnam airport and get visa stamped onto passport.