Do Djibouti Citizens Need a Visa to Vietnam?
Yes. Vietnam visa is required for all Djibouti citizens traveling to Vietnam for any purpose.
Additionally, to enter Vietnam, the following entry requirements also should be met:
- The Djibouti passport is valid for at least 06 months following the arrival date;
- The Djiboutian passport has at least 02 blank pages.
How to Apply for a Vietnam visa for Djibouti Citizens?
The Djibouti citizens:
- Must apply for visa at Vietnam embassy/consulate (embassy visa) if they are traveling to Vietnam by sea or land border crossing;
- Can apply online for visa on arrival if they are traveling to Vietnam by air.
1. Get embassy visa (pre-arranged visa)
This way of visa application for Vietnam requires the Djibouti citizens to directly contact the Vietnam embassy/consulate. However, there is no embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Djibouti up to now, as such, Djibouti citizens can contact
- the local Vietnam embassy/consulate in nearby countries (if they are not residing in Djibouti currently) ( those embassies/consulates are listed here), or
- an embassy/consulate of Vietnam in the country they are residing in (outside Djibouti).
In this way, they will get visa stamp on passport before departure for Vietnam.
However, the applicants of this way should contact the Vietnam embassy/consulate for a detailed guide on required documents, visa fees and processing time as they are different from embassy to embassy.
2. Get visa on arrival (pre-approved visa)
This option to get a Vietnamese visa is highly recommended for citizens of Djibouti traveling to Vietnam by air as it requires:
- NO travel or contact with the embassy;
- NO documents for application;
- ONLY a device connected with the internet.
With VOA, the Djibouti applicants will get a visa approval letter via email before departure for Vietnam, and finally get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
To get the letter, please send a soft copy of your Djiboutian passport to our email Support@Vietnam-visa.com or send your request below. Our staff will get back to you soon with further assistance.
How much is a Vietnam visa on arrival for Djibouti citizens?
The Vietnam visa on arrival fees for Djibouti citizens are from US$25 for a single entry visa or US$50 for a multiple entry visa valid for up to 3 months as visa stamping fee at Vietnam airport PLUS the visa approval letter fee. Make a call at +84.946.583.583 or chat with us for how much you need to pay for the visa for Vietnam.