In order to enter Vietnam, getting Vietnam visa is required for citizens of almost countries in the world for all purposes.
There are at the moment up to 3 ways to get a visa to Vietnam. Among which, Vietnam visa on arrival is popular with travelers around the world for its 5 undeniable advantages which are detailed here. However, there are some misunderstanding that a lot of travelers often have about this kind of visa:
Vietnam visa on arrival is available for all travelers to Vietnam
- Vietnam visa on arrival is not available for Diplomatic Passport Holders.
- Although Vietnam visa on arrival is the choice of almost travelers, it is only applicable for those who entering Vietnam in airway. In case you want to visit Vietnam by land, sea, you can apply for visa at Vietnam Embassy in your country.
To get a visa for Vietnam of this, the only way is through a Visa center in Vietnam as it can’t be directly applied with Vietnam Immigration Department.
Vietnam visa on arrival is the visa you can pick up at Vietnam airport without any document
In case you intend to get a visa upon arrival in Vietnam, you need to get a visa approval letter beforehand. And without it, you cannot get on the flight at your departure airport.
To start the process of applying for Vietnam visa on arrival, you need to access to https://booking.vietnam-visa.com/step1.html to fill your information exactly in the online visa application. It will take few hours (urgent case) or 1 – 2 working days to process your application. After that, you will receive the Letter of Approval which is issued by Vietnam Immigration Department as an official permission allowing you to board the flight to Vietnam and get Vietnam visa onto at Vietnam arrival airport.
All the cost you will have to pay is service fee and stamping fee. The service fee is varied depending on the type of visa, the number of applicants and the processing time while stamping fee is fixed for each type of visa. For details, please refer to the website https://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-fees/
The things need to be prepared to get visa stamped onto the passport at airport such as: the Approval Letter, the Vietnam visa application form, the photos and the cash to pay for stamping fee. If you forget to bring photos or Arrival Letter before your trip, there is an extra money (around 2 – 5 USD) you will have to pay for being taken photos by Immigration Officers & a lot of money to print out Arrival Letter so just be noted.
Other things needed to be aware such as:
- The original passport must be valid at least six months
- You should make sure that there are at least two blank pages in your passports.
- The photos provided to process the visa procedure have to be taken within six months form the date of travel.
- Please make sure that all information is correct, because if there is any difference in the information, the approval letter will be invalid. As a result, you will be not allowed to enter Vietnam.
- Although Vietnam visa on arrival will take only a few days to process the application; it is highly recommended to apply for Vietnam visa at least one month before the travel date.
For other suggestion about the preparation of your trip to Vietnam, please contact us for further assistance!