Since its introduction, Vietnam visa on arrival has become more and more popular among travelers to Vietnam. However, it works for travelers to Vietnam by air only.
To get the Vietnam visa on arrival at the airport, travelers will need to obtain a visa approval letter beforehand, then get on the flight to Vietnam and get visa stamped upon landing at Vietnam airport. It works at eight (08) international airports of Vietnam, consisting of:
In this post, you will know details about the procedure for getting visa on arrival in Vietnam airports and how to pick up visa on arrival at each airport. Nonetheless, before that, take a look at some tips on preparing essential documents to save time at the airport:
- Your original passport (being valid for at least 6 months following your date of entry and having at least 2 blank pages)
- The visa approval letter (printed in paper already)
- The Vietnamese visa Application Form (Form N1 – also known as entry and exit form) with completed information and attached photo already. You can find this form attached together with the visa approval letter from us if you apply for Vietnam visa online with us and find the guide to complete this Form N1 here.
- Vietnam visa photo at the airport. You can see the photo size and requirements here.
- Stamping fee (25$/person using 1 or 3-month single entry visa, and 50$/person using 1 or 3-month multiple entry visa).
Note: The international airports of Vietnam works 24/7, so you can get visa stamped at any time of landing.
How to Get the Visa at Tan Son Nhat Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)?
For Ho Chi Minh Airport visa on arrival, you will get the visa stamped at the “Landing Visa – Cấp thị thực tại chỗ” counter on the left side when you enter the immigration hall.
- You will come to this place first to submit your documents, including passport, printed-out Visa approval letter, completed entry-exit form and 02 passport-type photos (4x6cm). Then, wait for the Vietnamese officer to process your visa stamp.
- When you hear your full name being called out, you take your passport photo from the officer and pay visa stamping fee to them (by cash in USD or VND). The officer will return your passport with Vietnam visa stamped on and give you a receipt.
- Check carefully the information on your Vietnam visa. If it is right, you now can move to Immigration Control. If there is any error, report it to the officer instantly before heading to Immigration Control. Otherwise, you have completed your Tan Son Nhat airport visa on arrival.
How to Get the Visa at Noi Bai airport (Ha Noi city)?
To get the Vietnam visa on arrival at Hanoi airport, you need it reach the “Nơi cấp thị thực – Visa upon arrival” counter. However, this signal may become unclear if there are lots of people.
After submitting documents to Visa upon arrival Counter,
- you need to wait while they process it. If it is busy, keep your eyes and ears open as they will call out your name or hold up your passport/photo. In this step, you will pay for the stamping fee.
- If you get the visa with some passports for you and your friends, you will receive 1 pink receipt for all; the visas will be in the passports already. Check the visas for errors while you are still at the working window.
- After receiving your passports back, proceed to the ‘Foreigners’ Passport Control Counter and get the stamp in your passport.
How to Get the Visa at Da Nang Airport (Da Nang City)?
At Da Nang International airport (Da Nang city), please follow the signboard which shows you the way to come to “Visa On Arrival counter”.
After reaching the counter:
- You submit the documents (original passport + visa approval letter + completed visa application form with a photo attached) to the Immigration Officer.
- After receiving your documents, she will ask you to come to the seat for waiting a few minutes. After checking, she will call your name, and ask you to pay the visa stamp fee.
- You come to the cashier counter (nearby the Visa On Arrival counter) to make payment. Please note that only cash is accepted and USD is recommended. After paying, you get back your passport with your visa inside.
The process is quite quick here (approximately 15 minutes with all necessary paperwork completed before landing). After receiving visas/passports back, progress onwards to Passport Control Counter to get the blue stamp into your passport.
How to Get the Visa at Cam Ranh, Cat Bi, Lien Khuong, Phu Quoc and Can Tho Airports?
After landing at the airport, follow the guide to get to the Immigration hall, look to your left to find the Vietnam visa on arrival counter. Then, follow the steps as in other Vietnam international airports mentioned above.
To sum up, it takes about 15-30 minutes in total for visa on arrival procedures at Vietnam airports. In case you do not want to stay in a queue for such a long time, you can use our Airport Arrival Fast-track Service, which will help save your time to have a more enjoyable trip in Vietnam
This is the detailed guide on the procedure to pick up full visa on arrival at Vietnam airports. Feel free to contact us at +84.946.583.583 or Support@Vietnam-visa.com for any questions and concerns.
Disclaimers: While we put an effort to ensure that the provided information is correct and up-to-date, there are probably changes which we are unaware of.