A Vietnam multiple entry visa is a visa that allows its holders to enter and leave Vietnam several times during your visa validity. It is also called “re-entry Vietnam visa”. This kind of Vietnamese visa is very convenient for those who want to have several visits in Vietnam during a certain period of time.
Types of Vietnam multi entry visa
At the moment, a multiple entry visa to Vietnam is classified by purpose of visit and visa validity into:
- 1 month tourist visa;
- 3 months tourist visa;
- 1 year tourist visa (for US passport holders only);
- 1 month business visa;
- 3 months business visa;
- 6 months business visa;
- 1 year business visa;
In addition, overseas Vietnamese and spouse and children of overseas Vietnamese and Vietnamese citizens can apply for a 5 years Vietnam visa multiple entry visa.
How to Get a Multiple Entry Visa for Vietnam?
At the moment, travelers may have up to 2 ways to get a Vietnam tourist/business multiple entry visa, namely:
- Get Vietnam embassy visa;
- Get visa on arrival.
Let’s learn in details the steps and documents in each option.
1. Get Vietnam embassy visa
Normally, the process to get a visa at Vietnam embassy covers:
- Preparation of documents for visa application, including: completed application form, original passport, photo(s), (and sponsor letter of a Vietnam-based company for a business visa application);
- Travel to the office of Vietnam embassy/consulate to submit the application and pay the visa fees, or send all the documents and visa fee to address of the Vietnam embassy/consulate by post.
- Get the visa and original passport in person at Vietnam embassy/consulate or get it sent back by post.
This process and required documents mentioned above are not the same at all embassies/consulates of Vietnam in foreign countries. So, we highly recommend you to contact the Vietnam embassy you are applying for the visa for detailed information.
2. Get Vietnam visa on arrival
The process and required document to get a multiple entry visa on arrival to Vietnam for travelers are almost the same. Its covers 3 steps as follows:
- Complete the online Application form with some information including full name, passport number, passport expiry date and pay for service fee by credit cards (no document is required).
- Get visa approval letter via email within certain period of time (2 working days for tourist visa or 7 working days for business visa – or faster if you use our Super-urgent service).
- Get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport by showing the visa approval letter, 02 passport photos, entry and exit form and stamping fee at the VOA counter at Vietnam airport upon landing there.
Follow is sample of the approval letter for Vietnam multiple entry visa on arrival:
And to get a multiple entry visa on arrival for Vietnam, travelers need to have their first entry in Vietnam by air. The exits and following entries can be done by any means of transport.
Note: As of 01 January 2019, 6 month and 1 year multiple entry visa for Vietnam on arrival are unavailable (except for 1 year multiple entry visa for US passport holders). We will update this page frequently if there are changes for those types of visa for Vietnam.
How much is a Multiple Entry Visa to Vietnam?
The Vietnam multiple entry visa fee may vary depending on the option you choose to get your visa.
- For embassy visa: the Vietnam visa fees depend on the embassy you are applying with. The visa fee is paid ONCE at the Vietnam embassy.
- For Visa on arrival: the fees depend on which types of visa you are applying for. There are two types of fee you need to pay: service fee and stamping fee. While the service fee is paid online to get visa approval letter, the stamping fee is paid in cash at Vietnam airport to get visa stamped. You may see Vietnam visa on arrival fees for updated details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I am planning to visit several destinations in Vietnam during my stay. Do I need a Vietnam visa single or multiple entry?
A. In case you are planning to visit different destinations in Vietnam in a single stay in the country, you only need a single entry visa for Vietnam. You also can see the difference between those two types of visas below.
– If you hold a single entry visa, you are allowed to enter and exit Vietnam one time only during the visa validity. Once you have left Vietnam, even before the granted expiry date, your visa will automatically become invalid and if you want to come back to Vietnam, you need to apply for a new visa. This kind of visa is also called “a visa with single-use”.
For example, if you apply for a 1-month single entry visa to Vietnam, you are allowed to enter and exit Vietnam ONCE only during 1 month since your pre-registered arrival date.
– But in case you hold a multiple entry visa, you are allowed to have several stays in Vietnam during your visa validity. It means that with this kind of visa, you can leave Vietnam and then re-enter the country during the visa period without applying for a new one.
For example, if you apply for a 1-month multiple entry visa, you are allowed to enter and exit Vietnam multiple times within 90 days since you registered arrival date.
Note: For a multiple entry visa on arrival, you only need to have the first arrival in Vietnam by air to get visa stamped onto passport at the airport in Vietnam, and your latter arrivals can be by land or sea without following any visa procedure since your visa stamp is already on your passport.
No. At the moment, the e-visa is only available for single entry for tourists to Vietnam.
If you need any further information, feel free to chat with us.
In case you have submitted your Vietnam visa application via Vietnam-visa.com, we can assist you to convert your single entry visa to multiple entry visa in some cases.
Firstly, if you have not paid for the service fee to us, you totally can log in your account at our website to edit any information as you desire or send us an email about your request so that we can assist you. Or even you can ignore that application and submit the new application for a multiple entry visa for Vietnam.
Secondly, if you have applied and made payment for the service fee, you are suggested to inform us of your application ID. We will check your visa processing status in our system and inform you whether your single entry visa can be upgraded to a multiple-entry one. If your visa request has not been sent to Vietnam Immigration Department to process, we can help you to change the visa type from single entry to multiple entries. Otherwise, we can do nothing.
Thirdly, if you have received your single Vietnam visa approval letter already, you cannot change any information on the letter as Vietnam Immigration Department does not allow changing any information in the already issued Vietnam visa approval letter.
In this case, there are two options for you to choose:
- re-apply for a new multiple entries visa; or
- use the single Vietnam visa approval letter to enter Vietnam firstly, and then apply for a new Vietnam visa for your next entries.