The world is in the midst of a COVID-19 pandemic, and COVID vaccines become an indispensable part in the world’s response to the pandemic.
The vaccine passport is now in its early stage of development, and perhaps, in the coming time, you will be required to get vaccinated and hold a vaccine passport to travel freely to other countries.
In case you are in Vietnam, you should know all the things about Covid 19 vaccines in Vietnam, which will be detailed in this post.
1. Covid Vaccine Overview
Covid vaccine (also known as coronavirus vaccine) is now considered a good way to protect you from getting COVID 19.
With urgency to cope with COVID 19, our world has witnessed a development of Covid vaccine much faster than the development of any other vaccine. Within less than a year, several successful vaccines against Covid have already been announced and were approved for use in some countries.
As of March 19, 2021, there are serval types of Covid vaccines authorized for emergency use, either internationally or locally, including
- mRNA-1273 – Moderna COVID-19 vaccine,
- BNT162b2 – Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine,
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine,
- Janssen COVID-19 vaccine,
- Sputnik V,
Getting vaccinated for covid 19 will:
- Protect you against Covid,
- Protect for your family and friends against Covid;
As with any vaccination, some side effects have been recorded. These include soreness at the injection site, headaches, chills, fever, and fatigue. In the great majority of cases, these post-inoculation symptoms will disappear quickly. They are also far less severe than the most serious COVID-19 symptoms.
2. Covid vaccines in Vietnam
Like many other countries in the world, Vietnam is on its ways to develop its made-in-Vietnam Covid vaccines. However, none of them is authorized for emergency.
Understanding the importance of dealing with the Covid pandemic by vaccines, Vietnam has also important large amount of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine for local consumption.
Its vaccination program was initiated on March 8, 2021. 9 priority groups of people to receive the first COVID-19 vaccination in Vietnam are:
- The pandemic prevention and fight task force (health professionals, members of steering committees, people working in quarantining areas, reporters and others, military personnel, police force),
- Diplomats assigned for a business trip abroad, and customs and immigration staffs,
- Those working to maintain the supply of essential services such as aviation, transportation, tourism, electricity and water supply;
- Teachers, personnel at education and training institutions; personnel at administrative agency with regular contacts with others;
- Those with chronic diseases, the elderly aged over 65;
- Those in pandemic-hit areas;
- The poor, social policy beneficiaries;
- Those going abroad on a mission, to work, or study;
- Other cases decided by the Ministry of Health on the basis of epidemic prevention requirements.
Should you need a Covid vaccine in Vietnam, follow the registration instruction below.
3. How to register Covid 19 vaccine in Vietnam?
You can register a Covid vaccine shot in Vietnam online easily by following these 02 steps:
Step 1: Access to the Covid vaccine registration portal
Here is the address to come https://vax.vnvc.vn/.
This page is in Vietnamese, so you can ask someone who knows Vietnamese to help you or follow our guide in step 2.
Step 2: Complete the Covid 19 vaccine registration form
Here are the details that you need to provide in this form:
- Họ và tên – Your full name,
- Số điện thoại – Your phone number,
- Giới tính – your gender, just select: Nữ – female, or Nam – Male,
- CMND (nếu có) – ID card (if any): this is an optional field, and you can fill in your passport number of leave it blank,
- Ngày sinh – Your date of birth, select from the calendar, in DD/MM/YYYY format,
- Địa chỉ – Your address
- Tỉnh/Thành – Your province/City, select from the drop-down list.
- Quận/Huyện – Your district,
- Phường/Xã – Your ward/commune,
- Vắc-xin đăng ký (chọn vắc xin Covid-19) – Select the type of vaccine. It should be Vắc xin Covid 19 (Covid 19 vaccine).
And then, you click on the button “ĐĂNG KÝ VẮC XIN” – REGISTER VACCINE to complete your registration and wait for your turn.
Is it easy for you to follow? We wish you all safe in this pandemic.