Almost all foreigners need an Entry visa to Vietnam except some included in the Vietnam visa exemption list.
There are two ways of classification:
First, in terms of traveling purpose, there are three kinds of Vietnam entry visa:
- Tourist Visa: applied for 1 month visa
- Business Visa: applied for 3 months visa
- Visa for other purposes: applied for 3 months visa
Second, in terms of length of stay and number of entry, there are 4 types of visa:
- 1month single entry visa
- 1 month multiple entry visa
- 3 months single entry visa
- 3 months multiple entry visa
Vietnam Visa on arrival is the type of visa picked up at Vietnam airports.
For this type of visa, you need to submit Vietnam approval letter together with your passport (at least 6 months validity), two passport-sized photos, entry and exit form and stamping fee to Immigration Officers at the airport, the visa will be stamped onto your passport.
It's very simple. Please follow 3 simple steps:
- Get Vietnam visa approval letter by filling out the secure online form then proceed to payment.
- Print visa approval letter together with entry and exit form (fill in it before getting to Vietnam)
- Take visa approval letter, passport, 2 passport-sized photos, entry and exit form, stamping fee with you to show at Vietnam airports, then your visa will be stamped.
For further details, please follow visa application process.
"Vietnam Visa approval letter" is a document issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnam Ministry of Public Secutiry), which supports foreigners to get Vietnam visa upon arrival (at Vietnam international airports).
Please see official Vietnam visa approval letter sample.
No, this document is only applicable for those travel by air to Vietnam.
1. Your full name (exactly as in your passport)
2. Date of birth (DOB)
4. Passport Number
5. Proposed arrival date
6. Purpose of visit
For further information, please see full Vietnam visa application form.
To get Vietnam visa on arrival, you need to pay two kinds of fee:
- Service fee: You pay to us to do all procedures to get your visa approval letter.
- Stamping fee: You pay in cash to Vietnam Immigration Officers to get your visa stamp.
For detail information, please read Vietnam visa fee.
Normally, after you finished your visa application and made your payment, you will get your visa approval letter via email within 1 working day (urgent service), 2 working days (normal service) and 4 working hours (super urgent service or rush service).
By submitting visa approval letter and some other required items, you can get your stamp in three international airports in Vietnam are
To get your visa stamped upon arrival, you need to show:
- Your passport
- Printed visa approval leter
- The entry and exit form (filled in before)
- Two passport-sized photos
- Stamping fee: 45 USD for 1 month or 3 month single entry visa; 65 USD for 1 month multiple entry visa (less than 30 days); 95 USD for 3 month multiple entry visa
You can check your Vietnam visa approval letter processing status by two ways:
2. Check visa status
If your status shows:
- "Under payment" status: Your application has finished, however your payment has not yet completed.
- "Processing" status: Your visa application is being processed.
- "Finished" status: Your visa application has been processed successfully and the visa approval letter has been finished and uploaded on our site.
No, you cannot. You need to enter on exact date of arrival granted in your visa approval letter.
Yes, you can enter later than the granted arrival date in visa approval letter providing that you exit by granted exit date.
- For service fee, you pay to us by following options:
+ Using Credit/Debit card by Onepay/Paypal
+ Sending money via Western Union
+ Sending money via Bank Transfer (recommended for those are in Vietnam)
Please read Payment Guidelines for further information.
- For stamping fee, you need to pay in cash (USD) to Immigration officer at Immigration Control Desk.
- Single entry visa: You are permitted to enter Vietnam ONCE during your visa validity. If you would like to re-enter you need to apply for multiple entry visa.
- Multiple entry visa: You can enter and exit Vietnammany times as you want during your visa validity.
You cannot apply for your Vietnam visa when your passport is expired. In your case, please renew your passport before applying your Vietnam visa. So before applying visa, you need to check your passport to make sure it is valid for at least 6 months.
For Vietnamese overseas, we kindly advise you to choose 2 options as belows:
- Take visa exemption by visiting Vietnam Embassy/Consulate. Further information about Vietnam visa exemption for Vietnamese overseas, please read this link http://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn/.
- If you would like to save your time, please apply for Vietnam visa online with us.
Following is the list of regulations regarding photographs for Vietnam visa on arrival:
Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An and Halong in Vietnam are listed in the Top 25 ...more
Over 450,000 domestic and foreign visitors rushed to the four-day Nha Trang Sea ...more
Vietnam Discovery Travel JSC. (Owner of Vietnam-visa.com) is happy to announce ...more
A Japanese culture week commenced in central Nghe An province on June 10 with a ...more
Local and foreign visitors have flocked to Nha Trang city in central Vietnam to ...more